RVs are popular in Austin, TX, and across the entire state in general. Many Austin, TX residents are finding that this type of vehicle provides more options when it comes to traveling compared to brick and mortar modes of transportation. Regrettably, there is prevailing confusion over applicable RV insurance coverages. However, for clarity, connect with us at Southwest Insurance Center to learn more about how you can safeguard yourself and your RV before you embark on the next great adventure.
Besides protecting yourself and your RV, acquiring RV insurance can shield your possessions inside your trailer. Additionally, you can incorporate medical payments coverage to pay for medical costs for you and your passengers if you are involved in an accident.
Common types of RV insurance
The beauty of RV insurance is that it’s offered with various options, enabling customizability and affordability. Most common RV insurance options include:
- Property damage liability: It covers costs for paying damages to someone else’s property or vehicle if you cause an accident and are at fault.
- Collision coverage: It pays for damage or replacement of your recreational vehicle if it gets damaged after engaging in an accident with another automobile, tree, post, among others, regardless of who is deemed responsible.
- Comprehensive coverage: It’s a non-collision policy covering damages beyond your control emanating from a given accident. These covered uncertainties include weather-related accidents, vandalism, and theft.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: It pays for damages and injuries for you and your passengers when your RV is involved in an accident with another motorist who has no insurance or has inadequate protection.
- Medical payments: This policy covers medical bills for you and your passengers if you are involved in an accident with your RV, regardless of who is at fault.
- Replacement cost or personal effects: This type of coverage safeguards your items like camera equipment or sporting gear inside your RV.
Do you need RV insurance for your motorhome or camp trailer in Austin, TX? Please call or visit our Southwest Insurance Center offices to start your insurance journey with us.