Umbrella Insurance: Supplemental Coverage for Your Home and Vehicle

When you get your home and auto insurance, many different kinds of coverage are wrapped up in each policy. These include other types of liability coverage. If you own a home and have home insurance and auto insurance, you might still not have as much coverage as you need. For many people, getting umbrella insurance is a great way to supplement their other policies better and better protect themselves. Call us at Southwest Insurance Center in Austin, TX when you need more coverage.

Liability Coverage

If you have home and auto insurance, both come with a set amount of liability coverage. This type of coverage pays the other party in an accident you’re responsible for. For instance, if someone has an accident in your home, you are responsible for the many bills they could have due to that accident. The same is true when your vehicle causes an accident in which someone gets injured. Having home and auto insurance is a good start, but it isn’t likely that you have enough liability coverage for a severe accident. That’s why so many people choose to get an umbrella policy. It gives you more liability coverage for both of these insurance policies.

Paying for Overages

When an accident happens, the first thing that will happen is that your home or auto insurance company will make an assessment and pay for the accident up to the maximum amounts on the policies. When you have umbrella insurance, that’s the point when this policy steps in. If you still owe bills after the first policy has reached its maximum, your umbrella insurance will pay the rest. 

Get Umbrella Insurance in Austin, TX

Call us at Southwest Insurance Center in Austin, TX if you want an umbrella policy for better protection. 

How RV Insurance Is Different From Auto Insurance

A recreational vehicle policy is similar to a regular auto policy in some ways, but there are also many differences between them. It’s important to have a policy specific to RVs. Call us at Southwest Insurance Center in Austin, TX if you have an RV and need coverage.

Your RV Class

An RV policy is written for the class of RV that you have. The classes are A, B, and C. Each corresponds to a different size and style of RV. Once the class of your RV has been determined, you will need to have liability coverage for your RV. This works similarly to the liability coverage in regular auto policies. Texas generally requires people to have liability insurance coverage in their auto and RV policies. Other types of coverage often work differently from auto insurance. 

Collision and Comprehensive Coverage

When you’ve caused an accident, your own vehicle’s damage must be covered. You invested a lot into your RV, so make sure you protect it. For RVs, various types of coverage for personal belongings and equipment may be inside it. RVs typically have many personal items inside them, such as furniture and electronics. There may also be extra equipment like a speaker system, appliances, etc. These all need coverage, which you can get from your collision coverage. RVs aren’t just in danger on the road. Comprehensive coverage pays for things that can happen to an RV when it isn’t being driven on the road. 

Get RV Insurance in Austin, TX

Protect your investment with an RV insurance policy. For more information, call Southwest Insurance Center in Austin, TX.