If you have protected yourself with auto, boat, and home insurance, you will be surprised if someone tells you that you need more coverage. The truth is that as you grow in life, your responsibilities and financial status change, putting you at a greater risk. And for this reason, you need coverage like umbrella insurance from Southwest Insurance Center to protect you.
Who needs umbrella insurance?
But isn’t umbrella insurance for the rich and famous only? While it’s true that umbrella insurance protects persons with a significant asset base, this coverage is suitable for anyone earning a livelihood. Because we live in a litigious society, you don’t have to wait until you reach the one-million-dollar mark for you to start investing in umbrella insurance. You can start today and continue increasing coverage as your situation changes.
But because situations aren’t the same for everyone, some people need umbrella insurance more than others because they are at a greater risk of being sued. You need umbrella insurance immediately if you:
- Own a business: Businesses come with significant risks, including property damage, bodily injury, and advertising injury that can exceed your typical business insurance coverage.
- Own a pet that can cause injury: If you own certain dog breeds that can bite, you need umbrella insurance to protect you when your pet inflicts damage to a third party.
- Participate in high-risk hobbies: If you undertake hobbies like hunting, surfing, or skiing, you need umbrella insurance because the chance of you inflicting injuries to others is high.
- Are a landlord: You need umbrella insurance to protect yourself from tenants’ liabilities that can be cost-prohibitive.
- Coach youth sports: If your trainees sustain injuries during training sessions, you could face expensive legal suits that wipe away your assets.
Buy umbrella insurance today!
Would you like to boost your auto, boat, or home insurance today? Please invest in umbrella insurance from Southwest Insurance Center in Austin, TX.