If you have guests sleep overnight in your RV in Austin, TX, you may be liable for anything that happens while they are there. This doesn’t mean you should never invite guests over. Instead, maybe it’s time to consider what additional insurance options are available for your peace of mind. Your Southwest Insurance Center agent can help by providing information and quotes on the various coverage options.
Texas RV Coverage
Your car insurance may cover personal injury and collision liability for accidents, but the limits won’t cover extensive damage to your RV in Austin, TX. Also, it likely won’t cover perils such as theft or natural disasters.
This is where optional coverage comes in. Work with your Southwest Insurance Center agent to customize your RV policy to your personal situation.
For your expected or unexpected guests, choose from the following, especially if you will be traveling with people outside your immediate family. See the vacation coverage for more information on protecting yourself when you are vacationing but not on the road.
- Liability insurance covers bodily injury and property damages suffered by others if you cause an accident.
- Comprehensive covers costs if your RV is damaged by a non-collision incident.
- Collision coverage helps repair or replace your RV in case of a collision.
- Vacation liability helps with costs of others’ injuries or property damage. However, this coverage is meant to cover you for vacation purposes, not road operation.
- Roadside assistance coverage covers you for RV mechanical breakdowns.
- All Perils covers all risks and accidents that could possibly occur, with a few exclusions. Customized Austin, TX RV insurance for named perils include coverage on events you specify, such as acts of God and other events. In Austin, TX that covers things like theft, wind, hail, and storms.
Speak with your Southwest Insurance Center agent by calling 512-280-6100 or visit us online today.